I love this quote by J. Gabriel (2005) “Present yourself as a partner, some who is has an equal stake in things going well”
I understand administrators are so bogged down with tons of responsibilities, they don’t get an opportunity to visit classrooms, as much as they would like. As a support staff member, seeing effective teaching and helping teachers grow, while promoting healthy school climates appealed me when I entered the principal certification program. I am sure you thought the same as an administrator. So, are you being a partner to teachers or are do you find yourself too bogged in daily administrative responsibilities.
Allow me lighten your load this summer by offering a few practical tips:
- Catch your teachers doing something right! (Convey this message to teachers clearly)
- Make a point to visit their classroom at least once a month
- Reinforce positive things seen and offer feedback when requested
- Ask the right questions, get the right answers (Certified Personal and Executive Coaches have this practice down to the wire 🙂
- Ask questions that open the widen the communication line versus narrowing the communication gap.
Are you being a partner or just going through the motions day by day?
Choose one practical tip you and become their partner!
Until next time,
Coach Marcia (An Educator’s Personal Coach)
oxy bodybuilding tablets